Your local NHS dentist in Brackley
At Dentalcare Brackley we believe that everyone should be entitled to high quality dentistry, so we are proud to offer NHS dental care to our patients within the local community.
NHS dental care will include all treatment that is necessary to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Dentistry is one of the few NHS services where you are asked to pay a contribution towards the cost, and these charges are discussed in more detail below.
NHS dentistry does not cover cosmetic treatments such as adult braces or teeth whitening as these are not seen as being essential to the health of your teeth. As an NHS patient you are of course welcome to pay for cosmetic dental treatments and we offer finance plans and 0% interest to help manage the cost.
Dental braces are available on the NHS to those patients under the age of 18 who have a clear orthodontic need.
Book your appointment for NHS Dentistry
The cost for NHS dental treatment in Brackley
This covers an examination, diagnosis and advice. If necessary, it will also include X-rays, a scale and polish and planning further treatment. This cost also covers urgent or emergency treatment.
This covers everything mentioned in band 1 plus additional treatment including fillings, root canal and the extractions of teeth.
Band 3 includes everything mentioned in band 1 and 2 treatment plus more complex procedures such as crowns, dentures and bridges.
Patients entitled to free NHS dental treatment at Dentalcare Brackley
You do not have to pay for NHS dental treatment if you’re:
- Under 18 or under 19 and in full-time education
- Pregnant or have had a baby in the past 12 months
- Being treated in an NHS hospital and your treatment is carried out by the hospital dentist (you may still have to pay for dentures and bridges)
- Receiving low income benefits or you’re under 20 and a dependent of someone who is receiving low income benefits
You are entitled to free NHS dental treatment if you or your spouse receive:
- Income support
- Income related employment and support allowance
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
- Pension credit guarantee credit
- Universal credit and meet the criteria
You can also receive free NHS dental treatment if:
- You are named on a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- You are named on a valid HC2 certificate which is available for people on a low income